Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Any comments on the Weapon R FPR???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I'm going to pick up one of these because I like that it's a complete replacement for the OE FPR, and has the FP gauge built in. Does anyone have any comments or problems with this item?

    Thanks.

    Tom



    ------------------
    '98 GSR JRSC with all sorts of high-performance, high-tech, overpriced stuff packed in all over the place.
    http://www.donia.org/clandestine

  2. #2
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've heard complaints that the WeaponR fpr eventually leaks, especially if your upping the fuel pressure w/ a boost dependant FPR. Have you considered the new AEM adjustable FPR? I may go with the AEM in the future when I upgrade the fuel delivery system with Venom injectors and Cartech FPR.

    ------------------
    Mods

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmm. Figures, nothing in this game is ever cheap. wink

    I guess I'll ask around some more before buying one. Aside from here all I have heard are good things. I wouldnt be surprised however if it did leak since Weapon R doesnt seem to make anything of high quality.

    Thanks.


    ------------------
    '98 GSR JRSC with all sorts of high-performance, high-tech, overpriced stuff packed in all over the place.
    http://www.donia.org/clandestine

  4. #4
    94Integra
    Guest 94Integra's Avatar

    Post

    Is this a good price for the AEM FPR? $140. Does anyone know of a better price?
    http://honda-tech.com/cgi-bin/thread.cgi?thread=14530

    I've gotta e-mail the guy and check if it's the new FPR or the universal one

  5. #5
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess I'll go ahead and order the AEM then. I'll have a new commandflo for sale if anyone is interested.


  6. #6
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    while i'm at it.....are there any issues with the AEM fuel rail fitting with the SC installed? I can get one of those also and install my FP gauge into the extra port. Just a thought, assuming that it even fits.

    Thanks for the help.

    tom

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have had only one experience with the Weapon R regulator, and unfortunately, it wasn't a good one at all.
    I installed one in a Volkswagon Golf III (he bought if from NOPI at the '99 nats). Just days after the install, the diaphram failed causing to car to run unbelievably rich. The resulting damage included a fractured muffler canister from multiple backfires and a small engine fire where the leaking fuel dripped onto the exhaust manifold.
    The car survived... but the customer is NOT happy with Weapon R.

    I hope this helps.

    Jim


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SEFI8LO's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2000
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i would never trust anything made by weapon r, tenzo, obx, vis, on anything vital on my car... especially anything that has to do with fuel..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •